· Made a pie in June so I didn’t run out of time to make a pie. Did not make another one.
· Took an on-line writing class on Scene and Summary.
· Taught an online class (Intro to Girls Schools) with a number of colleagues in the class as well as my oldest daughter, who will start her teaching career next week.
· Tried not to get stressed out about Atticus’ summer reading. Still not finished.
· Bit my tongue when a new kitten came to join our family.
· Walked almost every day.
· Wrote more than I read.
· Said goodbye to a much-loved colleague.
· Worked on my school’s Strategic Roadmap on huge post-its on our porch.
· Bought new linens and re-arranged furniture in three bedrooms in Eagles Mere.
· Backed into a boulder.
· Saw Cordelia in a ten-minute play at Williamstown—with a combined 8 hours of travel each way. Completely worthwhile.
· Listened to a great book on tape (The Gilded Hour) for hours and hours and hours back and forth on Route 80.
· Watched the light changing on the lake.
· Went canoeing exactly once.
· Went night-swimming more than once.
· Saw a falling star outside the window in the middle of the night, but forgot to lie out on the tennis court and look for meteor showers.
· Washed a great deal of china and glassware from cabinets that I suspect have not been emptied for 50 years.
· Got a new website constructed by one of my daughters!